Exchange is 100% demand-driven. Businesses and organisations from the South take the initiative to submit their project application. We find this extremely important: in this way, the “ownership” of a project stays fully with the applicant.
So what is the procedure for a business from the South to submit an application? Very simple. You can fill in the online application form form by yourself. It takes about 15 to 30 minutes. Do you need help with this? Then contact the Local Representative who lives closest to your company or organisation. If there is no Local Representative for your country, then please contact our head office.
Important: our criteria
Although we would like to, it is impossible for Exchange to support all companies from the South who submit an application. Therefore, we have developed a list of criteria* over the years, to help us:
- support those companies who need our expertise the most**
- generate maximum impact with the limited resources we have
Our most important selection criteria:
- Turnover between € 25,000 and € 500,000
- Minimum 10 employees
- Officially registered for at least two years
- Limited dependence on donor funding
- Not involved in any unethical activities
* Exchange is careful not to disturb the local market. Essentially, we do not provide any expertise that can be found locally.
** Companies (bigger ones) who transcend our criteria, can apply for expertise. In this case, we determine beforehand how much their financial contribution will be.